On to the next phase of my life! New Project!

I like this photo..you can see my reflection and the scene behind me in the computer screen!




Sunset from Tallboy on Change Islands

             



First off, isn't this photo incredible?  It was taken from Tallboy, a scenic cliff, on Change Islands which, for many reasons, is my favourite place in the world.  I have seen the sun set from that place and it is breathtaking.  I asked someone to take some shots for me after she mentioned there was a storm and I knew that after a good wash the sky would be full of brilliant colour.   I had a plan for the photos and still do but today was a big day for me. 

It has been a crazy summer for me...too crazy.  I needed to step back a little because I had too many projects happening all at once and wasn't get any of them complete.  So I took a bit of time to figure out where I should focus my energy.  Turns our, the screenplay's the thing!

Today I started to write the screen play adaptation for my novel, The Secrets of Rare Moon Tickle, and as frequently happens, getting started was the biggest obstacle.  In this instance, it was that first, all important, introductory scene into a movie, that sets the stage for the entire film.  I'm dabbling of course.  My work will be remedial at best, awful at worse but guess what, it's that or quit.  Later on I'll do what I can  to get expert help but being a very visual person who wrote the novel as though I were writing a movie, it is going a bit better than I thought.

I started looking through some old photos for inspiration and happened upon these and I knew in an instant how I would begin.  From the end of course.  Duh!  And the musings of Christianna in the opening scene are very much how I see things, but of course there is a lot of me in her as I think happens with your first protagonist.  

With a caveat, that things may and will change and that it is so early in the game, I cannot guarantee this will ever be in the final draft, here are the first lines from the screenplay adaptation of The Secrets of Rare Moon Tickle.

FADE IN:

SUNSET.  AN ELDERLY CHRISTIANNA SITS BENEATH A TREE LOOKING OUT AT THE OCEAN.  SHE IS GOING THROUGH SOME PAPERS AS THE SUN BEGINS TO SET.  SHE STARES THEN, AND SMILES AS THOUGH SEEING SOMETHING VERY BEAUTIFUL AND HER EYES LOOK WITH JOY UPON IT.

CC(VO) (Christianna Cormack voice over)


 It has always been about colour for me. Life, I mean. This scarlet sunset, that blue sky, the steel grey of the cliffs here at Rare Moon. I see everything so vividly that perhaps I should have been a painter but instead, I doodle with words.  Even love has a colour for me. Maybe that's why I've written of it my entire life. And perhaps that's why I've been blessed with so much of it. My last and longest love was red like that sky right there, hot, burning, everlasting. But he was not my greatest love. No, there was that time of indigo, my secret lover. The one that I recognized immediately as mine, though we had never met before. Yeah, that is the one that stands out for me, the one that defines me.  I wonder if I feel it still so much because I can never speak of it? It's has never completely ended for me, this indigo love. And just my luck, it is the best seller I can never write because it was just too true to be believed...

FADE TO:

 
Anybody want to watch that movie?  There'll be sex later on!

Cheers Folks.



 

Comments