Democracy and Fun!


Life is a short ride, take the wheel and drive fast and enjoy!!!
Time for an update post.  It is crazy!  Lots of things happening starting tonight!  It's election night here in Canada and having been engaged in supporting my party and promoting the youth vote, engaging in conversations(read arguments) about this forthcoming election, today is the day that I get to exercise my democratic right and mark my X. 

I am also going to be covering the election results for the local television station here, interviewing all of the candidates and updating as the polls come in.  It's my first election in front of a camera and I'm very excited about that! What to wear, what to wear!

Then on Thursday I have a big night!  I'm heading out to Toronto with a friend and meeting another friend where we will attend The Company Theatre fundraiser.  I'm excited not only for the great entertainment but also for the opportunity to support theatre. The arts, particularly theatre has been very important to me and living nearStratford I appreciate all that it means to have that creativity supported by the people who enjoy it so much. Small theatres need help to grow and survive.  Allan Hawco of Republic of Doyle is a founder of The Company Theatre and I'm happy to support a fellow Newfoundlander as well.

On the personal front, the house is still for sale and we're sure it'll go soon enough.  We will be in Newfoundland before July 1, no matter what.  That is our goal and we'll meet it.  I find myself spending a lot of time alone right now with the children which gets lonely but also has its advantages in that I get a lot of time to write! 

Which brings me to the point of this post.  The novel is going really well and while the momentum is there I've decided to cut back on this blog for a while.  I'm hoping to post at least once a week with an update or possibly an excerpt or a poem but it will decrease as I devote my time to the book.  I need to have a first draft in the can before I move because that's when I can put it away and forget about it, which makes the subsequent drafts easier.

And to make things even more exciting and busy, a poetry Collection is also in the works consisting of some of the work on here and some other work not posted on this site.  I am hoping to have more information about that release soon!  It should be a summer book!

I am busy and I am happy being busy.  Life ebbs and flows and sometimes you have to just go with it.  I find if you don't over think it all, the things you want most show up eventually.

Lately I've been reading some of the works of Esther and Jerry Hicks and the premise behind the wisdom of Abraham is to do things that make you feel good and make you feel happy and that if you do that, you will take inspired action and the things you want will come to you.   Seems like a good plan when you consider even if you don't get all the things you want, at least you are doing things that make you feel good and happy! 

I will update with pictures after the fundraiser!   It'll be another Tart and Hussy take Toronto post and I know by your feedback on face book you like those!

Stay tuned.  I'll be back regularly but just not as frequently. 

Namaste





Comments