Saturday, October 24, 2009

Excerpt from Indigo~The Novel



"The concrete walls of the cell held a cold energy that sucked the spirit out a man and made him a shell of anger and despair. The peeling paint only attempted to hide the reality of the starkness. The window with its stainless steel frame and bars held more cruelty than a darkened room would have. It teased him with the flickers of sunshine that taunted and whispered of the life he was missing."


I am supposed to be doing housework, getting ready for my little girl's birthday party tomorrow but I can't stay away from the book, it pulled me in today, helping me avoid the boring and neverending chores that surround me.

I have to edit still a lot of work. This little excerpt above is from a chapter I'm fixing up and I like the way it's going.

Have a fantastic weekend!


Between now and my publication date anyone who comments on a post is automatically entered into a draw to win a copy of my poetry book, Wind Rhymes!. The book should be released somewhere around the end of October! No limit, every comment is an entry!



Breeze Talks About Weight Loss

2 comments:

spottedwolf said...

An excellent description of how destitute I felt in 1976 as I sat in one of the worst Texas jails begging the spirit's pardon so I would be released before the authorities noticed I was on probation.

Shadow said...

that description is stark and hopeless, as it's meant to be.