Weather Vane : A Minute


Jinksy was practicing the Minute form on her blog. I thought I would give it a try. I've never written one before but I'm all about a challenge. Someone was talking about weather vanes the other day and how you rarely see them now(I believe it was a fellow blogger but forgive me, I can't remember who you are) and this came to me as I wrote the poem. I was in the middle of a storm, well it was actually coming to an end as I wrote this.

Sallow winds blow at the clover
knocking over
grey earthen crocks
Weather vane cocks
spinning desperately around
ignore the ground
embrace the wind
Begin again
pick up the remnants of the storm
true to the form
We start anew
with cobalt blue
and bowing arches signify
storm has passed by
to still again
the weather vane.






Breeze Talks About Weight Loss

Comments

Jinksy said…
That has to be one of the best things to come out of a storm, ever!
Rinkly Rimes said…
I enjoyed your poem. Addictive isn't it....this poetry writing!
Anonymous said…
Breeze - you are amazing! You love a challenge, and you take them on and produce a beautiful compilation of words and emotion. I love it!